Friday, July 27, 2012

Disabling Android 4.0 ICS Emergency Alerts

After being woken up a few times by Emergency Alerts on my new Droid Incredible 4g, I finally decided I had to disable these things. After looking online, most of the advice didn't lead me to where I need to go to disabled them.

Instructions:


  • Open up your text message app.
  • Go to "Menu" -> "Settings". You need to be at the home screen of your text messages. If you are in a particular text message conversation screen, the "Menu" button won't show you the "Settings". 
  •  There should be an "Emergency Alerts" category/option, where you can check off the severity of alerts you want to receive. One alert, "Presidential Alert" can't be disabled.


I believe that my text message app is part of HTC Sense 4.0. I can't be certain that other Android phones don't have a slightly different setup. Either way, I'm fairly certain that, in Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, the option to modify/enable/disable "Emergency Alerts" is going to be in your main text message settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment